Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I'm a little late on this post, but wanted to make sure I wrote a special message to my mom.
My sweet hubby got me a mother's day card and flowers from our Ollie for mother's day so I was able to have a special mother's day.


I wasn't able to be with my mom, but wanted to let her know just how special she is and how much she means to me.


This is why I have the best mother in the entire world. I truly wouldn't be the person I am today without her. If I can one day be half the mother my mom is then I'm going to be an excellent mom.

I really wanted to make a list of why my mom is such a great mother. My mom is a great person inside and out but sometimes it takes an extra step to be a great mother. You can't always be the "friend" and most of the time the things you do as a mom seem so unfair to a child. My mom wasn't my friend as a child, she wasn't my friend as a teenager. She was my MOM! She was the voice of reason and "totally uncool" when I needed it and because of that my sister and I are who we are today!


My mom is:
Loving
Giving
Selfless
Would do anything for her children but knows when to let go and let us figure it out on our own
Taught us to be so independent.
Taught us to love and respect ourselves
How to balance a budget and use a credit card correctly and responsibly
She had us understand the value of money at such a young age. My mom had us set up checking and savings accts with our babysitting money when we were in middle school and taught us how to write checks.
Love your neighbors/ Be a good citizen
Always offer water/food/drinks to utility workers when they work on your house
Cook: OMG, my mom is the best cook ever and she taught both my sister and I how to cook and I think in general just passed on the natural ability
She protected us
She provided for us
She figured out how to make things work even when we may not have had the money for it
She taught us to Love God and Trust in God
Give beyond yourself
She set rules we didn't like but had to follow
She always expected and pushed for great things because she knew we could do it.
She let us mess up the house with crafts and projects as kids
She made sure we always visited our grandparents when we were home from college. Sometimes we were in a rush but she always made us do it and I couldn't be more thankful now since we lost them so  much earlier than i would have expected.
She always made us feel special. ALWAYS!!!
And the list could go on and on and on

As a child and teenage, I know I didn't appreciate these things. As an adult, I can't thank my mom enough for being the most amazing mother anyone could ask for.

Now she is my mother and my friend.

Mom, I love you so much! Thanks for being you!


No comments:

Post a Comment