Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

Jordan and I started the weekend off with a homemade pizza and beer on Friday night. We watched our DVR shows and Jordan packed for his fishing trip. We are WILD AND CRAZY sometimes. :) This is pretty much a normal Friday night for us these days..............gone are the days of honky tonks till the wee hours of the night.

The Fishing Trip:
Jordan and his friend, Will were heading to Venice, LA for a boys fishing trip this weekend. My dad and his friends have done this fishing trip for years now and last year, Jordan went for the first time. THIS TRIP IS THE ULTIMATE OF FISING TRIPS. This year Jordan's dad and uncle went as well. This is a "bad" day of fishing.
Photo: Not bad for only getting to fish by the marina for a couple hours...bad weather!

Let me start this story with saying: I love my Husband, he is an amazing man! He is smart, funny, an absolutely awesome husband and I'm so lucky to have him. But sometimes I have to wonder what goes through his head.
So, Jordan is packing his bag and he has to take cash on this trip. So he has this big envelope of cash and he is trying to figure out where to put it.
Little background: When Jordan flies, he is always leaving stuff on the plane. He left a suit jacket we never did see again, he has left his book a couple times on the plane.
Back to the story: Jordan has this cash and he looks at me and says:
"I'll just put it in my book"
I'm not a good enough writer to express my expression to this idea.
 "Let me get this straight, you want to use a huge thing of cash as a bookmark, and just carry it on the plane in your book. The same book you have LEFT on the plane before."
UNBELIEVABLE! THAT IS A BEYOND STUPID IDEA!

Saturday morning we head to the airport! I am OCD when it comes to traveling and I do checklists 2 or 3 times before I ever leave the house.

I started doing the checklist in the car. "Jordan, do you have your phone, keys...?" Will steps in and says: "Come on, lets not do this"
Oh I should have kept going. We get to the airport and Jordan gets out and fills his pockets. HE FORGOT HIS DAMN WALLET AT HOME. How does someone forget their wallet, that is the only thing you absolutely have to have?!?! So, I fly home to get the wallet, fly back to the airport. J was so lucky because his flight was delayed just long enough for me to get it back to him.


I spent the rest of the day hanging out at my friends pool. watched Dirty Dancing (one of the best movies of all time), and got sushi.


Sunday: I got up, went to the fridge, went to the couch, went back to bed, back to the fridge, back to the couch. This went on all day, it was the best lazy day I've had in a very very very long time.

Ollie and I  did go on a walk and ran into a little friend. I have NEVER seen a deer in our neighborhood before, so this was pretty awesome. Ollie wanted to see her soooooo bad. The deer didn't mind him one bit and actually walked with us almost the entire trip. It was crazy. We got so close at one point, I didn't know if the deer was going to freak and trample us.



No comments:

Post a Comment